Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One of them days you don't want to have again.

Today was the first anniversary my husband and I actually remembered since we have been married. I was so tired because I was up most of the night with an individual I work with. Mercede and I had a big blowout before she went to school. While I was upset I told the girls to go out to the car. Later as I was taking out trash I saw them sitting in my van. Opps, said go to my car, not to the bus!! lol thank goodness it was late and they made it ( a good thing)My pager went off a million times when I tried to get just a little more sleep since I really needed it. I did have a nice lunch (another good thing), I got Cheyenne a dental appointment for today, they had a cancellation(thought that was the third good thing). I was talking on my phone driving leaving the office (not a good thing) when I heard sirens, then saw them behind me (not a good thing), I screamed "Gotta Go" to my staff on the phone and threw it down. Officer asked me "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I answered with a big fat smile "I don't have a clue" (and I didn't have a clue). 11 miles over the limit. I had no idea I was speeding. I told him "Well at least I wasn't in a school zone, since that is where I am headed" He laughed as he wrote me a 75 dollar ticket! He also thanked me for being cooperative (like he must of thought I was going to take off or scream). This is my first ticket in 10 years, about 6 years ago I got pulled over for doing 35 miles over the limit. Course I was bawling by the time he got to my window so I got a warning (where a non bawling man would of been arrested, tee hee). I forgot to cry today. Note to self :poke self in both eyes as soon as self sees sirens in rear mirror again. Got Cheyenne to her dental appointment and found out she needs 2 teeth pulled (babies that didn't fall from the nest), 11 fillings and one crown. Over $3000 dollars of work and then they also informed me how bad my dental insurance is and how most of it will not be covered. Mike just wants me to have all Cheyenne's teeth pulled and give her dentures. Poor thing is only 15. I read that children with down syndrome have harder teeth but will loose teeth due to gum disease. Not Cheyenne, she has soft teeth. Mercede has never had a cavity YET, so I am hopefull I won't have to sell my kidney to have her's fixed. Now braces are being brought up with Cheyenne but ummmmmmmmmmm, I can't loose both kidneys. Mercede has needed braces but years ago her dentist and I decided she would be too upset by them. That it was more for my benefit then hers (cause I want to see pretty straight teeth when I look at her, and Mercede could care less). To top off my day, my father tells me that gas prices may go up as high as 10 dollars a gallon. Here's to a better tomorrow. Also tomorrow, I will try and get my "You've Been Tagged" post up.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

I have an empathetic soul to you tonight :) (see my blog for details LOL) Tomorrow will be a better day... Tomorrow will be a better day...

Meredith

Kim Davis said...

Huge bummer on the ticket (yes, poke your eyes next time - most of the time it doesn't work, but it's worth a little pain).

Even bigger bummer on the dental - I had horrible teeth as a child and am just cringing to find out who inherited my teeth!

WheresMyAngels said...

Yeah Kim, I think Cheyenne got my mouth. I'm sure I had more fillings than that at her age. But I didn't brush when I was younger, she did :(

JennyH said...

That sucks- all of it! Hope it got better later on.
Happy anniversary by the way!

Heather said...

Aww, hate to hear about the ticket and Cheyenne's dental needs. It was good to see you tonight...thanks for coming and your help at Scott House!